Variate Labs is seeking a mid-level UX/UI designer to join our growing interactive team. We are a team of passionate, communicative, and curious leaders seeking a new team member that shares our values and love for human-centered design solutions. Our ideal candidate can deliver stellar work for adventurous, industry-changing Fortune 500 companies and government agencies. You will work with and report directly to the Head of Design.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) —
- Plan and execute UX initiatives from discovery through design & prototyping
- Effectively translate research findings into actionable strategy and concrete designs
- Work with the design team to brainstorm, story board and create designs for clients on a daily basis
- Create beautiful artifacts that support design process such as flows, personas, and user journeys
- Design wireframes, specs, and/or visual design mock-ups that can be translated into code by a developer
- Collaborate and coordinate with developers, product managers, and content strategists
- Conduct or participate in user research and other discovery methods (comparative analysis, usability testing, diary studies, etc)
- 3+ years experience in UX, product design role or commensurate work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate educational experience.
- Worked on teams following any type of 'agile' development process
- Have experience designing for mobile devices (app and web) and responsive/adaptive experiences across products and channels
- Experience with modern toolset (we use Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, etc)
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident for 3+ years.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Front-end dev skills are a plus! (not a requirement)
- Experience creating design systems are a plus! (not a requirement)
- Lifelong learner
- Very accountable and responsible
- Willing and excited to share your knowledge with team
- Passionate about creating beautiful and impactful products
- Interested in working with clients across industries
Please email email@example.com with your resume, portfolio link, and a brief description of your interest. Private links will remain confidential. Pay commensurate with experience. Contractor freelance or full-time with benefits.